Yesterday I made the official decision to sell my jeep. It shouldn't be that hard of a decision, you would think, but any kind of decision is hard for me. When it comes to my jeep, this is something that I have had a hard time parting with. I'm not sure exactly why. If I'm holding onto the memories I had in the jeep or the fact that I have just always wanted one and finally got one. The story behind the jeep. After about a 3 yr relationship ended with the guy I thought , at one tiny moment, I might spend the rest of my life with, I went out and bought a jeep. Well, it wasn't like the next day or anything, but it definetly was the next step to moving on to another chapter. And why not start a new chapter in your life with a cool, red jeep? So despite the naw's and nay's from my father, I did it anyway.
Did the jeep get me anywhere in life? I got some tangles in my hair, I got wet, I got mud splattered, I got whistles, I got stuck, then I got t-boned. I was in a hit and run on my way to work early one morning. I rolled and did a 180 all at the same time. After landing back on my wheels facing the opposite direction, I could just barely make out the truck that hit me, through my completely shattered front window, taking off .
He got away, never to be found. And I got a fractured vertebrae, and a totalled jeep without full coverage. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR FATHER AND IF HE SAYS DON'T GET A JEEP, DON'T GET A JEEP.
He got away, never to be found. And I got a fractured vertebrae, and a totalled jeep without full coverage. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR FATHER AND IF HE SAYS DON'T GET A JEEP, DON'T GET A JEEP.I was able to repair the jeep enough so that I could still drive it, as long as I tied the door shut or just took it off.
Now it isn't even worth half of what I paid for it. And everytime I drive it I am reminded of that day I got hit and how mad it makes me that that person got away with it. So now it's time to let it go, live, and learn. ( shhh, but someday I think I'll get a newer better one?) So long old jeepy.
Now it isn't even worth half of what I paid for it. And everytime I drive it I am reminded of that day I got hit and how mad it makes me that that person got away with it. So now it's time to let it go, live, and learn. ( shhh, but someday I think I'll get a newer better one?) So long old jeepy.
Oh but we had a while jeep wrangler before kids, and we rode around with the top off, and loved it very much... then we became parents and I asked my darling to please sell it and get a four door car for me.. and he still misses it. It must be a jeep thing. :)
ReplyDelete